Generating $7.8m in sales for international luxury real estate brand
Developers of Grenada's most elite Citizenship by Investment Project, True Blue Development, and Internationally renowned Investment Migration Firm, La Vida Golden Visas, hired Nelson Reids to attract High Net Worth Nigerian Individuals to purchase $250,000 title-deeded suits and studios of its luxury resort, Kimpton Kawana Bay, in exchange for Grenadian Citizenship and its benefits which include Visa-Free Travel to more than 150 countries.
Nelson Reids was tasked with the following responsibilities:
1. Create awareness amongst the Nigerian HNWI community
2. Educate the Nigerian HNWI community on the limitations of the Nigerian passport and the need for visa-free travel.
3. Establish Kimpton Kawana Bay as the most elite Citizenship By Investment Project in the Caribbean.
4. Wrestle attention and share of mind from key competitors, Range Developments’ Grenadian CBI offering.
5. Generate high-quality leads that can be nurtured to paying customers.
To get Nigerian HNWIs to make a N103m ($250,000) buying decision in the middle of a global pandemic and its economic implications, we needed to find the right balance between rationality and emotion. We needed to show the value of our clients offering from a financial, security and business standpoint whilst also playing to their vanity and ego.
We conducted a deep dive into the personality and behaviours of the Nigerian HNWI community. We identified how they consume digital information and identified four instrumental media platforms they rely on for business, finance and investing information: BusinessDay, Nairametrics and Forbes. We also selected ThisDay Newspaper as it is the only newspaper placed at the EAN private jet terminal where Lagos-based HNWIs often jet in and out from.
We used a combination of the Nigerian Stock Exchange, Bloomberg and High Society club memberships to identify and produce a list of 300 HNWIs in Nigeria. A further deep dive showed that around 55% had active LinkedIn Profiles. This would set the tone for the execution of our campaign.
What we did:
1."What's the whole point of being rich if you still travel like everyone else?" - An approach appealing to their vanity, ego and logic.
2. “150+ countries in your briefcase” demonstrating the power of the Grenada passport and its visa-free access to 150+counties including the EU, China, Singapore, Russia and many others.
3. "Kimpton Kawana Bay and the $17m opportunity for African Investors", "This piece of real estate offers African Investors the key to Global Domination" - An insightful approach showing the extra benefits of the Kawana Bay CBI project.
4. "Wealthy African, How Valuable is your passport", "Choosing the right Citizenship By Investment Program" - An educational approach to show the true value of Citizenship By Investment programmes, positioning Kawana Bay as the most elite and most profitable CBI project.
A. Every two weeks, we launched a series of high-level articles, interviews, editorials and display ads across our select digital and print media and television programmes, including Forbes, BusinessDay, AIT, Nairametrics, ThisDay, Vanguard, TheNation and others.
B. We uploaded our list of HNWIs into Linkedin’s custom-audience feature to reach over 55% of our target audience directly with our banner, editorials, interviews and articles and invites to an exclusive webinar.
C. Leveraged media relationships to air a 7-minute television documentary as well arrange a 15-minute exclusive Interview on Nigeria's number #1 business show.
D. Orchestrated and moderated an exclusive webinar with 52 HNWI attendees.
E. Created a brochure shaped as a replica Grenada passport and handed it to wealthy Nigerian customers at Caribbean restaurants in Lagos.
F. We combined Documentaries, TV, Print and Digital Media Interviews and editorials, Webinars, Activations at high-society clubs and restaurants to reach and engagement our audience.
1 Generated $7.8 million in sales in 6-months.
2. 300% increase in Nigerian applications and sales of the Kimpton Kawana Bay in the last 6 months.
3. #1 rank on Google for How to get a second passport
4. In Q1 and Q2, Kawana Bay accounted for 57% of all real estate CBI investment.
5. Pan-African Award for Best-Use-Of-Media